Iowa Public Radio is looking for a radio producer to join our Talk Show team as a Talk Show Producer. This individual will be responsible for producing Iowa Public Radio’s daily talk shows, Talk of Iowa and River to River. This includes developing, researching, preparing, coordinating, and presenting topics relevant, interesting, and engaging to Iowans through subject matter and knowledgeable guests. This position is also responsible for the shows’ digital elements, including web posts, social media promotion and mediation and other digital work.
Submit cover letter, resume, and contact information for at least three (3) professional references to email@example.com. Inquiries may be routed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must be received by 5 pm Monday, July 8th, 2019. Employment is contingent upon the successful outcome of a background check.
Iowa Public Radio is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Broadcasting, Communications, or related field;
• One to two years of experience as a reporter, editor, host, or producer in a broadcast, digital or print journalism organization; and
• Experience using audio editing software such as Adobe Audition.
• Experience in a live radio broadcast environment;
• Experience in public radio;
• Experience with digital media, including creating content for websites and social media; and
• Experience with standard broadcast studio equipment.