The Utility Dive Sr. Reporter role is the perfect role for an experienced journalist who can lead our coverage of the power industry.
The Sr. Reporter will regularly report and write high-impact stories that set the agenda for the industry. The ideal candidate will break news and deliver in-depth original stories to our audience of utility executives. We expect you to own your beat, pitch ideas and pursue ambitious stories based on your source building, keen observations and industry knowledge.
The ideal candidate is well-sourced with federal agencies (FERC, DOE, EPA, etc.), wholesale markets, major power companies and other important industry stakeholders. The role will also represent the publication at industry events and speaking engagements.
At Utility Dive, we live by the "team" concept. We experiment and we innovate. If you consider yourself a bit of rockstar because of your ability to get executives to call you back and a bit of a nerd because market structures and energy policy are your idea of stimulating conversation, we want to talk to you.
What can you bring to the table:
- Proven business reporting and writing skills. Experience in energy and environmental journalism strongly preferred.
- Strong industry sources.
- Ability to produce content that resonates with a niche business audience.
- Proven ability to break stories.
- A clear interest in issues that impact a national audience of utility executives, including but not limited to wholesale markets and federal regulations.
- An established audience on Twitter and LinkedIn to enhance the scope and reach of your work.
- Deadline-oriented time management skills.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, English or similar field.
- Experience level: 5 years at a minimum with at least 3 years of experience in business journalism.
Industry Dive is an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply.
If you feel comfortable doing so please feel free to note which pronouns you use in your application (for example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, ze/zir/zirs, etc.)
About Industry Dive
Industry Dive was founded in 2012 to provide business leaders with the information they need to move industries forward. Since then, we have become one of the business world's fastest-growing providers of journalism, providing news and exclusive insights to 7+ million decision-makers in 16 different markets. Our team of reporters, editors, designers, and marketers help inform and connect the most competitive industries. Our insights spark innovation, fuel growth and shape agendas in every industry we cover.
Our office is a place where you work hard on clear monthly goals, have your voice heard, and shape the future of a growing media business. Located in the heart of Washington DC, our workspace boasts a lot of perks – whiteboard walls, treadmill desks, and a dedicated quiet room.
Industry Dive was selected as a "Best Place to Work" by the Washington Post in 2017 and 2018 and by the Washington Business Journal in 2015, 2016 and 2017.