HuffPost is looking for a talented, fast copy editor to handle line and copy edits across its U.S. news coverage, reviewing text, videos, graphics and social media content. This is a unique opportunity to work with a variety of reporters and subject areas.
Ideal candidates will be comfortable editing breaking news, enterprise stories and in-depth features. This position will require editing a broad range of text and visual materials, so editors should have a wide knowledge base and be a quick study. Experience editing U.S. political news is a plus.
As HuffPost’s final line of defense, these editors will have impeccable news judgment, high editorial standards, a strong sense of story structure and a firm grasp of grammar and AP style. We’re looking for people who are truly passionate about journalism, storytelling, syntax and improving copy at all levels.
This editor will work Wednesday through Sunday.
*WGA-E union role
- 3-5 years of editing experience
- A voracious media diet and extensive knowledge of U.S. domestic news
- The ability to work independently and at a fast pace
- A knack for writing shareable headlines and for packaging stories in a visually appealing way
- Strong familiarity with SEO, social media and AP style
- Superior communication skills