The Fuller Project is a non-profit, 501c3, non-partisan newsroom that produces journalism focused on issues that impact women. We are a well-sourced newsroom with deep expertise on women.
We aim to produce investigative journalism that other newsrooms don’t have time, expertise or capacity to produce. We provide our reporting to already existing outlets, which means we support, rather than compete with, already existing newsrooms, and we reach wide audiences. Our partners range from The New York Times, The New Yorker and Foreign Policy, NPR, El Paso Times and other local newspapers.
The Deputy Editor should be a published journalist with an interest in building management and operational skills as the organization grows. The Deputy Editor reports directly to and will work closely with the Cofounder/Editor in Chief. This is an exciting opportunity to build editorial and leadership skills amid a goal-oriented team that is focused on strengthening journalism by reporting on women.
We encourage diverse candidates and those with experience working with racial and ethnic minority communities in the United States to apply.
- Published journalist with minimum 2-5 years experience on staff or freelance
- Passionate about reporting on women and The Fuller Project’s mission
- Interest to edit and place senior level journalists’ reporting
- Support development of talent pipeline for the editorial team
- Management experience and ability to organize a team towards publishing goals
- Relationship building with publishing partners, including TV and radio
- Help build and execute events with editors
- Submit our reporting for prizes
- Design visual reporting on our journalism and help to develop strategy for new reporting areas
Washington DC, in our main US office, is the preferred location, but we are flexible and qualified candidates will be considered regardless of location. This is a contract position and can be part-time or full-time.
The Fuller Project is committed to being an inclusive workplace that values the experiences and diversity of all team members, and that promotes the voice, leadership, and opportunity of all.
Please apply via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org cc: email@example.com using subject line “Deputy Editor.”
Application should include:
- 3-5 clips of your writing
- brief letter of interest
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.