The Creative Services Team for WRAL-TV and FOX 50, a part of Capitol Broadcasting Company in Raleigh, NC has an immediate opening for an innovative leader to help lead our local and commercial production units as a Local Production Manager. This person will oversee everything from quiz shows to parades to client advertising and needs to have a deep understanding of both live television events and successful advertising and audience production. The successful candidate will report directly to the Brand Director and lead a team of producers and project managers around key station initiatives and client fulfillment.
The Local Production Manager will oversee and direct all creative and production for WRAL-TV and FOX-50 TV commercials, PSA’s, local children’s programming, special events, community programming and specialized news reports. In this role, you will also be responsible for understanding and implementing data into creative, helping clients and community partners create impactful marketing and programming campaigns. The Local Production Manager should have an outstanding understanding of audience metrics and the ability to interpret research to help hone messaging. This is a hands on position, candidate must have experience producing long-form programs and video ad campaigns. If you love concepting, writing, shooting, lighting, editing AND want to lead the best producers in local television, we want to hear from you.
We are looking for a candidate with a proven track record of success around team leadership, strategy, client fulfillment and leading departments in creating superior marketing, advertising and programming assets. The Local Production Manager will work across departments to coordinate key initiatives and will work closely with the Sales teams to maximized revenue opportunities and exceed client expectations. Must be a self-starter who can work with internal and external thought leaders and stakeholders. Will serve as a representative for the station with community partners and clients and should feel comfortable with presentations and serving as a brand ambassador.
The Creative Services team uses HD Adobe Creative Cloud edit suites, Sony 4K production cameras, Canon 5D production gear and more. The successful candidate should have a proven portfolio of work that showcases a mastery of visual marketing, local production, project management and audience-driven campaigns. Work should not only showcase an individual body of work but also highlight team projects with a narrative on leadership style and results.
Skills that should be displayed within portfolio and are required for this role include:
- Deep understanding of advertising, show production and local news.
- Deep understanding of brand development, audience metrics and advertising strategy.
- Outstanding writing and language skills including sample work show and spot scripting.
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite and products.
- Proven execution of brand toolkits and guidelines.
- Understanding of television programming, including live and scripted production.
- Ability to work on many projects simultaneously and under deadline.
- Proven track record of leading large projects to successful completion.
- Local television experience a plus
- Experience working collaboratively across departments should be clearly explained in materials.
- Minimum of 5 years active producing experience with marketing/promotional/creative/advertising reel and/or demo.
- Minimum of 2 years managing a team with direct reports.
- Clear record of success in a production and/or creative environment
- Current and contemporary knowledge of 4K technology, Adobe Creative Suite, digital and social ad sets and creative.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to lift/carry equipment weighing up to 40 pounds and a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Must be available to work nights, weekends and holidays when required.
People come to WRAL-TV and they stay. Why? We’re family. We have extraordinary expectations of each other and accept nothing short of excellence. Meshing with our standout team is as important as your skills. We’re locally-owned by Capitol Broadcasting Company, a pioneering, stable, community advocate, do-the-right-thing Company that offers some of the best benefits in the business. WRAL-TV is based out of Raleigh, North Carolina ranked as one of the best places to live and work according to U.S. News & World Report.
A pre-employment drug screening is required. EOE, M/F. All Capitol Broadcasting Company properties are tobacco free. Capitol Broadcasting Company participates in E-Verify.