The Associated Press is the essential global news network, delivering fast, unbiased news from every corner of the world to all media platforms and formats. Founded in 1846, AP today is the largest and most trusted source of independent news and information. On any given day more than half the world's population sees news from AP.
The Associated Press seeks an Affiliate Services Content Creator to join our Global Media Services (GMS) commercial team in Washington DC. We are looking for someone with significant experience in the newsroom environment, working with domestic and international broadcasters. Working under the direction of our international broadcast clients, this person will shoot and edit news content in different languages for air on the client channels, using Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premier (tape to tape capability a plus). The position reports to the GMS Resource Manager.
The Affiliate Services Content Creator will work under the direction of our international broadcast clients to produce, shoot and edit news content in different languages. During planned and unplanned news events, they will be expected to setup, shoot and manage live camera positions, establish IFB and coordinate client needs. They must have the ability to operate studio equipment and outdoor live positions, including camera, lighting, switcher, and audio board for customer live shots and interviews. In addition, they must have the ability to operate a LiveU unit to stream a live shot or video file from a remote location for our international broadcast clients.
The successful candidate will:
- Ensure GMS equipment is organized and ready for client deployment.
- Report equipment failures or maintenance requirements to their line manager.
- Support other staff, where relevant, on the proper use of in-house equipment.
- Work closely with other Global Media Services commecrical departments in New York, Mexico, Rio de Janeiro and London.
- Help administer work undertaken via the ScheduAll system to enable the correct recording and profitability of all work undertaken
The ideal candidate should have at least five (5) years experience working with broadcasters in the newsroom environment, both in studios and in the field. Previous TV station, news agency or production facility experience required. He or she will need to have a keen sense of the media layout across the country as well as a good understanding of the international broadcast market. Candidates must be knowledgeable with all aspects of newsgathering and broadcasting, especially in breaking news situations. They must have excellent interpersonal skills and work well as part of a team, with the ability to work with broadcast clients from different cultures. The job will require scheduling flexibility, ability and willingness to work various shifts as news and client needs dictate, including weekends/holidays. Knowledge of IP and LiveU delivery systems for streaming video, transmitting live shots and file transfer is required. Knowledge of the ScheduAll administration system or similar required. The ability to speak a foreign language(s) is a definite plus. The ideal candidate should have a bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent broadcast journalism experience.
- must support client services on a daily basis including video editing, shooting video elements, stand-ups in the TV studio, stand-ups from the field.
- availability and willingness to travel at a moment’s notice both domestically and outside the continental USA (may include overnight travel)
- must be flexible and willing to work all hours including weekends and overnights.
- standing for long periods of time before, during and after news events.
- must be able to carry heavy video equipment, up to 50 pounds.
- demonstrated experience with Final Cut, Adobe Premiere or comparable non-linear editing system is required
The application deadline expires at 11:59pm EST on Jan. 8, 2019
To apply for this position, please go to https://careers.ap.org/job/Washington-Affiliate-Services-Content-Creator-DC-20005-4076/523975100/
AP seeks to build an inclusive organization grounded in respect for differences. We support all aspects of diversity and provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or status as a veteran in accordance with applicable nondiscrimination laws.