Award-winning newspaper seeks skilled sports copy editor/page designer
The Wyoming Tribune Eagle and its sports staff, WyoSports, is seeking a highly motivated, skilled sports copy editor/page designer to join a team that has won the APSE Grand Slam award each of the past five years. The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in and knowledge of sports, as well as skills in page design and copy editing.
This position is located in the state capital of Cheyenne, a community of 65,000 in the southeast corner of Wyoming. Cheyenne residents enjoy easy access to Denver and the Front Range area, as well as many outdoor recreation opportunities.
Essential skills and requirements:
* Experience with Adobe InDesign, PhotoShop and Microsoft Suite
* Ability to design eye-catching newspaper pages on deadline.
* Skilled at writing catchy, concise headlines.
* Comfortable writing briefs, editing stories and copy editing pages quickly and consistently using AP style.
* Strong eye for details.
* Ability to move quickly and efficiently from one type of task to another.
* Experience with community journalism.
* Possess strong news judgment.
* Ability to work as part of a team.
This position is full-time and offers competitive salary and benefits. Please submit a cover letter, résumé and page design samples clips (5-7) to WyoSports Editor Jeremiah Johnke at email@example.com for consideration.
The Wyoming Tribune Eagle is a part of Adams Publishing Group, a family-owned and operated media company.
Adams Publishing Group offers a full range of benefits.
Desired skills and experience:
* Bachelor’s degree in journalism or a related field, or an associate’s degree and several years of page design experience.
* Experience working at a daily newspaper.
* Experience using social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.