The Hechinger Report, the nonprofit, independent news organization that covers inequality and innovation in education, seeks a digital news producer to help prepare stories and newsletters for publication and to manage social media. This position will be based in New York.
- Work with Senior Audience Engagement Editor to plan and execute an editorial calendar and social media strategy; relevant and engaging posts; monitor community conversations; and interact with followers.
- Share new content as it is published, reshare archival content as news warrants, schedule social media postings across a variety of platforms. Use digital channels to increase readership in diverse communities.
- Help prepare stories and newsletters for publication in Wordpress/Mailchimp
- Help maintain records of older stories
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Experience with Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets
- Familiarity with HTML and web technologies
- Demonstrated understanding of social media promotion via Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Attention to detail and experience working under deadline
- 1-2 years experience at a news organization
- Experience with Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics, Google Analytics or other web and/or social analytics tools.
- Experience with Wordpress, Mailchimp or similar other content platforms
- Basic familiarity with Photoshop and other image editing tools