The Associated Press is the essential global news network, delivering fast, unbiased news from every corner of the world to all media platforms and formats. Founded in 1846, AP today is the largest and most trusted source of independent news and information. On any given day more than half the world's population sees news from AP.
The Associated Press seeks a full time temporary Assignment Coordinator: College and Professional Sports for its New York City location.
The Assignment Coordinator is responsible for coordinating photo assignments related to commercial deals. Duties include the creation and updating of assignment briefs, assisting with photographer selection, communicating shoot requirements to photographers, editing content per client specifications as needed, and delivering the generated content to clients.
The ideal candidate will possess a unique blend of business, project, technical and communication skills. Must be highly self-motivated, able to multi-task and meet tight deadlines in a demanding market. To be considered, you must be detail-oriented, have flexibility with scheduling and be available for some weekend shifts. The ability to work in a team environment, be adept at problem solving, priority driven, and able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with all levels of management and clients is key to success in this role. Knowledge of photographers and sports photography is essential.
- Production and fulfillment of assignments.
- Detailed and clear communication and coordination with photographers.
- Handle selection and booking of photographers for sports events nationwide.
- Monitor end-to-end progress of multiple shoots simultaneously, including close communication with photographers on designated shoot days making sure jobs are on schedule and will meet client specification.
- Quality control on fulfilled jobs from both an image quality and caption perspective so that distributed photographs follow client specifications and AP-style guidelines.
- Related job experience within a media/photography environment (Stock photo agency, commercial photography studio, publishing, wire photo news agency, etc.) with duties that include coordination of multiple projects/assignments simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal communication / customer service skills with colleagues, superiors, clients, photographers, and editors a must – both oral and written.
- Must be self-motivated and detail-oriented.
- Strong computer skills are necessary (all of Microsoft office a must) – knowledge of SharePoint, Photo Mechanic and PhotoShop are essential.
- Eagerness to learn all aspects of the photography industry, new systems, new processes, and each new photo assignment and task.
- Ability to work nights and weekends when necessary.
Application deadline ends at 11:59pm EST on Nov. 23, 2018
To apply, please go to https://careers.ap.org/job/New-York-Assignments-Coordinator-NY-10281/517327000/
AP seeks to build an inclusive organization grounded in respect for differences. We support all aspects of diversity and provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or status as a veteran in accordance with applicable nondiscrimination laws.