Buffalo, NY, United States – Full Time
WNED | WBFO is a leading bi-national public broadcasting station consisting of three television and three radio stations, all locally programmed. Programs and outreach explore and address interests relevant to the Western New York and Southern Ontario communities.
WBFO, the largest and most respected radio news room in Western New York seeks s an innovative Managing Editor that will help grow our award-winning newsroom while continuing to build our reputation for the highest journalistic standards in long term in-depth reporting on critical community issues.
The Managing Editor must have an ardent interest in creative story-telling across many platforms. As a leader in collaborative journalism involving multi-partner news desks and funded projects, enthusiasm for collaboration is a must for this position. You’ll need to be engaged with social media and have experience developing new content, from in-depth podcasts to investigative reporting projects.
We are looking for individuals who:
- Have a passion for the ever changing news media landscape and how to manage the distribution of content across all digital platforms.
- Effectively lead a team of multi-skilled journalists to ensure the highest journalistic standards and public service ethics are met.
- Possess excellent writing and story editing skills.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or related field.
- 4+ years’ experience as a reporter or editor.
- Demonstrated management experience and ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines.
- Proven ability to develop and report on complex stories / issues.
WNED | WBFO is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity and inclusion.
Click link for the detailed job description:
Please email cover letter and resume to:
firstname.lastname@example.org OR mail to:
WNED | WBFO
PO Box 1263
Buffalo, NY 14240-1263