Colorado Public Radio is looking for a Social Media Editor who has strong visual chops, is a social media evangelist and believes in the mission and potential of public media. The Social Media Editor is primarily responsible for helping our content sing on all social media channels, and is adept at using social media to reach new audiences and engage our existing communities. We want someone who can create and post social-exclusive editorial content on various digital platforms and who excels at teaching others to use social media platforms to inform our journalism and tell our stories.
- Grow and engage social media audiences by working on the daily execution of overall social strategy; planning and executing social approaches to special projects and daily news stories; producing and posting original social media content in collaboration with reporters, producers, editors, hosts and program directors.
- Conceptualize and create visually compelling editorial content.
- Help to craft distinct social media strategies and develop and uphold a clear, distinct voice for each of the three services.
- Engage and interact with audiences on all social media platforms. Monitor social media conversations for story ideas and to elicit audience feedback and participation to incorporate into our reporting and storytelling.
- Use analytics to create regular reports on how organic and paid campaigns are measuring against predetermined benchmarks. Use metrics to track success, inform decisions about social tactics, and understand content that resonates.
- Set social media best practices and regularly communicate with producers and editors, training and coaching others to strengthen their own social media skills.
- Identify new social media platforms and develop new strategies, content, tolls and workflows to grow audience on those platforms.
View the full job description.
Knowledge and competencies:
Identification with the mission and purpose of Colorado Public Radio.
2-3+ years producing social media or digital journalism for a media company.
Enthusiasm and proficiency in a variety of social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
Demonstrated proficiency in photography and photo editing using Adobe Photoshop.
Understanding of CPR News programming and familiarity with CPR Classical or CPR’s OpenAir music playlists preferred.
Video production and editing skills using Adobe Premiere ideal.
Strong writing skills and an ability to produce strong headlines and content for platform-specific audiences.
Self-starter who is able to build relationships across teams.
Exercises exceptional independent judgment and attention to detail.
A desire to stay on top of emerging technologies and an ability to target and prioritize efforts in budding digital spaces.
This position is based in the Denver Metro and requires working non-standard hours from time to time.
To apply, submit a cover letter that includes where you heard about the opening, resume, three professional references, and salary expectations to email@example.com with "Social Media Editor" in the subject line. Please include personal and professional social media handles that are public (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), five examples of social media audience engagement, and links to any special projects or award-winning work.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
No phone calls or drop ins please. Competitive salary and benefits. Colorado Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer and encourages workplace diversity.