PLEASE APPLY ONLINE ONLY AT:
SDSU Research Foundation, careers
The Co-Host works under the supervision of the Senior Producer and in close collaboration with Host, news producers, reporters, editors to host a daily radio news and analysis talk show (Midday Edition). The Co-Host helps the producing team to define and maintain ethical, editorial, artistic and technical standards for radio discussion programs.
Preparation and Hosting:
-The Co-Host conducts interviews for Midday Edition
-The Co-Host collaborates on topic focus with producers, reads prepared background materials generated by the producers and engages in direct research as required.
-The Co-Host writes introductions and questions.
-The Co-Host also independently produces interview segments each week
-The Co-Host must be prepared to change assignments based on changing circumstances.
-The Co-Host leads an engaged and energetic discussion of the issues, while maintaining neutrality and decorum consistent with the mission and values of KPBS news.
-The Co-Host may be asked to work on specials, like election debates, remote broadcasts and series and may be asked to work with television news producers to host interviews that will also be broadcast on KPBS radio and television.
Administrative and Other:
The Co-Host attends meetings, understands and follows work rules and procedures, represents the station at public events, participates in on-air fundraising, and is responsible for appropriate record keeping, correspondence, phone calls, supplies and equipment and other duties as assigned.
- Sounds news judgment
- Ability to deliver news within a live network clock structure. Ability to hit time posts.
- Work well with or without supervision.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and adherence to high ethical standards
- Able to meet deadlines under pressure and deal effectively with simultaneous multiple tasks
- Be able to work in breaking news situation
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent English grammar, spelling and AP Style
- Proficient in audio editing (e.g. Premiere, Adobe Audition), AP, ENPA, and online content management systems.
- Must have at least two years of live broadcast hosting or reporting experience
- Audio equipment operation experience
- Demonstrated experience in broadcast news production
- A four-year degree in journalism or related field or equivalent experience required
This position is covered under the SAG/AFTRA collective bargaining agreement with KPBS.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with SDSU Research Foundation
San Diego State University Research Foundation is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer