Colorado Public Radio has an exciting opportunity for a Digital Innovations Editor to join its growing Newsroom. The Digital Innovations editor will manage CPR News content on a variety of platforms, develop strategies for engaging audiences, immerse in the development of digital platforms and contribute to newsroom strategy.
- Develop and execute newsletter strategy for CPR.org, including producing the newsletter on a daily basis.
- Explore strategies for new digital products that will drive audience and engagement.
- Identify, develop and execute potential interactive projects for major areas of coverage.
- Work with digital team and newsroom to develop best practices in digital workflow.
- Work closely with audience and social media metrics to identify and implement opportunities for growth.
- Work closely with IT to optimize digital platforms, including SEO, speed, metrics and UX practices.
- Advocate for innovation within the news team.
- Helps develop an in-house digital style guide as CPR continues to evolve the ways in which its reporting appears on all platforms and channels.
- Keeps current with, and shares best practices and ideas around digital news, social media and audience engagement.
View the full job description.
CPR News delivers insightful and impartial news from around the world, across the nation, and throughout Colorado, examining its relevance to our state and connecting it to our community. Online, we pay special attention to the Colorado part of that equation.
Colorado is a great place to live and work. Denver is known for its sunshine, world-renowned art museums, thriving performing and fine arts scene, terrific restaurants and more. The nearby Rocky Mountains are an incredible playground for world-class skiing, hiking, biking, hunting and fishing. As a dynamic news state, CPR News has covered the legalization of marijuana, gay marriage, oil and gas industry, arts and cultural issues and much more. All this in a growing newsroom with mountain views.
Identification with the mission and purpose of Colorado Public Radio.
Minimum of five years of strong journalism experience in a newsroom that has proven digital innovation.
Deep experience with WordPress, newsletter technology, analytics, SEO coding and user experience.
Track record of solving problems with innovation.
Impeccable news judgment and outstanding writing and editing skills.
Must be able to thrive in an environment that requires juggling multiple tasks and deadlines and have strong organizational skills.
Ability to work collaboratively within the newsroom and across departments.
Non-standard working hours guaranteed. On call as needed and accountable for establishing backup on-call staff when unavailable.
Position is based in metro Denver.
To apply, please email us your cover letter, resume, references and salary expectations to email@example.com with "Digital Innovations Editor" in the subject line. Please also include links to samples of your work or projects you have led.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
No phone calls or drop ins please. Competitive salary and benefits.
Colorado Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer and encourages workplace diversity.