The Associated Press is the essential global news network, delivering fast, unbiased news from every corner of the world to all media platforms and formats. Founded in 1846, AP today is the largest and most trusted source of independent news and information. On any given day more than half the world's population sees news from AP.
The Associated Press seeks a newsperson with a history of successful television and online video storytelling to join its team in Atlanta as a video producer. Reporting to a Deputy News Director, this producer will primarily produce, write and edit video stories for AP’s broadcast, digital and mobile customers and platforms. The successful candidate will use video, graphics and editing techniques to deliver visual engaging journalism, working in close collaboration with staff in all formats staff in the AP’s South region and across the U.S. As a member of a dynamic, round-the-clock operation, the successful candidate must also contribute reporting in other media formats — including text, photos and audio — to help produce a competitive and comprehensive all-formats news report. This newsperson must have the ability and willingness to work any shift, including at night and on weekends, or as coverage demands, as AP is a 24/7 operation.
The successful candidate will:
· have superior technical skills in video production and editing, in both static environments and the chaos of breaking news.
· be able to work under pressure to publish video to customers accessing content via various distinct products
· demonstrate experience visualizing information in compelling ways in video, joined with a track record of conceptualizing and implementing creative digital projects.
· have a great news sense, with the ability to communicate stories that people will want to share, like and talk about on social media and other platforms.
· have strong communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with the diverse team of journalists at the AP who operate in all formats: text, photo, video, audio, digital/social, interactive and graphics.
· pursue innovative editing techniques while maintaining AP’s standards for integrity and objectivity.
Qualifications: The video producer must possess advanced individual technical skills in the creation and editing of video content, as well as the ability to work within an all-formats team to apply those skills from start to finish on breaking news and short- and long-term projects. Candidates should have strong experience editing non-linear videos, preferably with Adobe Premiere. This newsperson must work effectively in a deadline driven, dynamic and competitive newsroom environment, and understand how video content is consumed across a variety of devices and platforms. The successful candidate should have at least three years of full-time news experience as a video producer and/or editor at a daily newspaper, broadcast station, online or digital news outlet, or an AP bureau or regional desk.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
· Authorization to work in the U.S. will be mandatory.
· Advanced-level professional competency in written and spoken English.
· Professional competency in Spanish is a plus.
· Advanced-level professional competency in non-linear video editing is required.
· Strong organizational skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects across formats.
The application period will close at 11:59pm EST on Apr. 20, 2018
AP seeks to build an inclusive organization grounded in respect for differences. We support all aspects of diversity and provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or status as a veteran in accordance with applicable nondiscrimination laws.
To apply, please go to https://careers.ap.org/job/Atlanta-NewspersonVideo-Producer-GA-30301/466272800/