EdSurge is looking for a K-12 editor who is passionate about the people and ideas that shape how learners learn and teachers teach. This editor plays a key role in defining our coverage of the K-12 community of entrepreneurs, tech-smart educators and students they aim to serve. The ideal candidate will possess a knack for reporting and a keen eye for finding storytellers.
This editor will possess an obsessive interest in the news and conversations happening in the K-12 community, planning, assigning and reporting stories as needed. You will also serve as the voice of our weekly newsletter geared for K-12 educators.
You’re the kind of person who wonders:
How can technology dramatically improve teaching and learning for all teachers and students?
What’s really working? What’s not? Where is this rapidly evolving industry headed?
What do schools, companies and investors need to know?
In this job you will:
Keep daily pulse on K-12 news and stories and organize coverage (or report as needed).
Manage our highly-regarded “Instruct” newsletter, aimed for K-12 educator audience.
Recruit and manage editorial relationships with contributing writers.
Edit articles from staff and contributing writers.
Represent EdSurge at events.
Assist in the creation and delivery of weekly newsletters, podcasts and other media.
Develop new ways to grow our online audience.
* +3 years of experience in a K-12 environment, preferably as a teacher or administrator.
* Outstanding writing and editing chops.
* A passion for learning—and obsessive curiosity about the role technology is playing.
* Ability to work independently under deadlines with minimal guidance.
* Strong interpersonal communication skills.
* Experience with different social media platforms.
* Broad understanding of major education issues.
* Basic understanding of business and finance.